Village of Cottage Grove Parks & Recreation Department
April 2018 Newsletter
Grab a friend and try out a few new classes approaching soon! Whether that may be running together, getting your CPR 2-year certification, enjoying a night of canvas painting or signing your child up for our Six Flags Trip and enjoy a rest & relaxation day!
- 30 Day April Burpee Challenge through our Cottage Grove Fitness Facebook Group! Make sure to JOIN our new group to take part in challenges ran by our fitness instructors! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1530344123750596/
- Daily Class Calendar. Don’t forget to check the daily calendar on our website if you’re not sure when your classes are. It will answer most of your questions!
- *New & Deadline Approaching* Train for 5K/10K Bun Run begins Monday, April 2. Shelly Tipton will provide you with an 8 week training schedule and class will consist of running nights on Mondays at 5:45 pm located at 210 Progress Dr. The 5K/10K Bun Run is on Saturday, May 26 @ 8am (not included).
Registration deadline: Friday, March 30 at 2:00 PM.
- Tabata: Monday, April 9 from 5:45-6:30 p.m. at Municipal Services Building (front door).$10. Please register in advance.
- Love Your Camera 101: At Municipal Services Building (front room) Sess 1: Mondays (4/16 & 4/23) from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Sess 2: Saturdays (4/21 & 4/28) from 10:00 a.m.-Noon. Registration deadline: April 6th. Limited spots available.
- *NEW* CPR/AED/First Aid: Tue/Wed, June 5 & 6 from 6:00-9:00 pm. Ages 16 (14-15 years with registered parent). $60/person at Village Hall. Receive a 2-year certification. Limited spots available.
- ESYBL Baseball League: Begins 5/12-7/26 for 5th & 6th graders. Registration deadline: April 1 Online. Please check our website for more info.
- Legion League Baseball: Begins 6/4-7/29 for 9th-11th graders. Registration deadline: May 6 Online.
- Learn 2 Ride: Saturday, May 5 at 9:00-10:30 am & 10:30 am – Noon. Ages 4-12 learn easy, hands-on techniques to get your child riding solo on two wheels! $25; includes helmet. Registration deadline: April 15
- Six Flags Trip: Monday, July 2 from 8:00 am – 7:30 pm. $80/person. Ages 7-16. More information on the website. Registration deadline: June 24
Keep an eye out for Paint & Sip programs and Jr & Adult Golf Lessons coming soon!
To register for programs online, click HERE.
Please contact the Village of Cottage Grove Parks and Recreation Department at 608-839-8968 with any questions.