Village of Cottage Grove Parks & Recreation Department
May 2018 Newsletter
What’s new this month? Adult and junior golf lessons, Pilates/Barre, Paint & Sip a Lake Scenery, Tighten & Tone and more - there’s something for everyone!
- 30 Day May Plank Challenge through our Cottage Grove Fitness Facebook Group with Jill Hackel! Make sure to JOIN our new group to take part in challenges ran by our fitness instructors! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1530344123750596/
- Youth Tennis Instructor: Wanted! Please email Brooke at email@example.com if you know of anyone interested in teaching Youth Tennis Lessons this summer!
- Paint & Sip - Lake Scenery: This Thursday, May 3 from 6:00-8:30 pm at 1855 Saloon and Grill (218 S Main St, Cottage Grove). $35. You may drop-in, but limited supplies are available. Make sure to reserve your spot by Wednesday at midnight!
- Zumba: New session begins this Saturday, May 5! Session runs on Saturdays from May 5-26 at 9:00-10:00 am. Register by Friday morning.
- Small Group Golf Lessons: New at The Oaks! Level 1 or 2 on Monday or Wednesday evenings. Please register in advance. First class starts May 14.
- Pilates/Barre Lunch DEMO: New! 2-Part Demo class to try out Pilates/Barre! May 15 & 17 Tue/Thurs from 12:00-1:00 pm at 210 Progress Dr. $10 includes both dates. All levels welcome. Please register in advance.
- Patriotic Sign Class: Ridge Road Relics is offering a reclaimed pallet board class to create a “Home” sign or a flag design at Outpost Bar & Grill on Monday, May 21 from 6:00-9:00 pm. $35/person. Limited spots available. Flyer attached.
- Strength & Abs to Tighten & Tone: New with Ron Dorr! June 4-27 on Mon/Wed from 5:30-6:30 pm at 230 Progress Dr. $30. Please register in advance.
- CPR/AED/First Aid: Tue/Wed, June 5 & 6 from 6:00-9:00 pm. Ages 16 (14-15 years with registered parent). $60/person at Village Hall. Receive a 2-year certification. Limited spots available.
- Learn 2 Ride: Saturday, May 5 from 9:00-10:30 am at Taylor Prairie. Ages 4-12. $25; includes helmet. Registration deadline: Wed, May 2 at Midnight!
- Six Flags Trip: Monday, July 2 from 8:00 am – 7:30 pm. $80/person. Ages 7-16. More information on the website. Registration deadline: June 24
- Junior Small Group Golf Lessons: New at The Oaks! 10-13-year old’s beginning this Sunday! Sundays/May 6-27 from 5:00-5:45 pm. Please register in advance.
- Kindergarten Tee Ball: Kindergarten (current) ONLY. League runs June 5-July 24 on Tuesdays. Deadline is May 13.
- Coach Pitch: 1st & 2nd grade (current). League runs June 7-July 26 on Thursdays. Deadline is May 13.
- Playground Camp: K-5th Grades. Sess 1: 6/11-6/29 & Sess 2: 7/9-8/3 on Mon-Fri from 1:00-4:00 pm. Pick either 2 days a week or come for the whole 5 days! Camp is held at Northlawn Park Shelter. Please check the website for more information.
Deadlines are sneaking up on us! To register for programs online, click HERE.
Please contact the Village of Cottage Grove Parks and Recreation Department at 608-839-8968 with any questions.Thank you.