This newsletter is one to not be missed! So many great new activities are approaching – make sure you don’t miss the deadlines!
FAMILY EVENTS & INFO!
- Cottage Grove Community Guide is out! Find the guide on our website, at local businesses or by clicking HERE. Registration is open and spots are filling up quickly!
- Easter Egg Hunt is Saturday, April 4th at 10am sharp! Free! Rain or shine. Optimist Club will have a basket raffle and a 50/50 raffle! Bring your camera for the Easter Bunny!
- NEW: Baker’s Battle (all ages) is Saturday, April 25th from 10am-12pm at Drumlin Residences. Looking for bakers! Three categories: Amateur Kids (13 and under), Amateur Adults, and Professionals. Not a baker? Be a taste tester, try as many scrumptious sweets and vote on your favorites! Limited space for bakers – sign up HERE! More info attached. Fundraiser for the Optimist Club Snack Pack program.
- Volleyball FUNdraiser for the Miracle League: Sat, March 7 at 9am. Located at Oakstone Recreation. Coed 6’s Volleyball Tournament.
- Westlawn Subdivision Park Master Plan: If you haven’t had a chance to voice your opinion, please take a few minutes to help us create this 22 acre Community Park and it’s surrounded out lots. Click HERE for the survey.
Please see all job opportunities and job applications at http://village.cottage-grove.wi.us/jobs.aspx. Applications are due March 6th.
- Playground Camp Leader: min. age of 18, $13/hour, M-F 1-4pm June-July
- Playground Camp Staff: min. age of 16, $8/hour, M-F 1-4pm June-July
- Baseball/Softball Umpires: min. age of 16.
- March 6-Wk Fitness Classes: All classes located at 210 Progress Dr. and begin the week of March 9. Please register by March 5 for all classes. More info and sign up HERE.
- Morning Classes
- Bootcamp on Mon/Wed 5:30-6:15 am (3/9-4/22)
- Cardio/Strength/Core on Tue/Thur at 5:30-6:15 am (3/10-4/23)
- Tabata AM on Fridays at 5:30-6:15 am (3/13-4/24)
- Zumba on Saturdays at 9:00-10:00 am (3/14-4/25)
- Afternoon Classes
- Pilates/Barre on Tue/Thur at 12:00-12:45 pm (3/10-4/23)
- Senior Fitness on M/W/F at 1:30-2:15 pm (3/16-4/17)
- Evening Classes
- Strength & Abs to Tighten & Tone on M/W at 5:15-6:00 pm (3/9-4/22)
- WERQ on Mondays at 6:15-7:15 pm (3/9-4/20)
- Tabata PM on Tuesdays at 6:00-6:30 pm (3/10-4/21)
- Yoga Flow Wed at 6:15-7:00 pm (3/11-4/22)
- Yoga Flow Thurs at 5:30-6:15 pm (3/12-4/23)
- Women’s Self-Defense Workout on Thursdays at 6:30-8:00 pm (3/12-4/23)
- Morning Classes
- File Management – Exploring File Explorer: Mon, March 9th at 9-11am. Located at 210 Progress Dr. Regardless of file type (Word Doc, Google Doc, PDFs, images, etc..) or location (Google Drive, OneDrive, computer, flash drive, etc..) it is essential to understand where they are and how to access them. Register by March 1 HERE.
- Paint & Sip “Hydrangea”: Tues, March 24th at 6:00-8:30 pm. Located at Doundrins Distilling. Register by March 17 HERE. Four spots left!
- Kubb Spring League: Mondays, 4/27-6/8 at 6:00 pm at Fireman’s Park. Ages 18+. Gather your team of 2-6 players. Register by April 12 HERE. All levels welcome!
- Grandmasters of Chess
- Baseball – grades are current grade (2019-20). For the younger baseball leagues, click HEREfor more info.
- 5th/6th Grade ESYBL Baseball League: Deadline is March 15th. More info & registration HERE.
- 7th Grade Badgerland Teener Baseball League: Deadline is March 1st. If online registration says the program is full, please add your name to the waitlist no later than March 1st. We will reach out if enough people sign up for 2 teams. More info and registration HERE.
- Softball – age of player as of December 31, 2019
- NEW Baseball Clinic: March 12, 19 & April 9 at 6:00-8:00 pm. Ages 10-15 (5th-8th graders only). Located at Prairie Athletic Center in Sun Prairie. Deadline is March 5. More info HERE.
- Glass Fusing After school: Wednesdays, March 11 & 18 at 3:30-4:30 pm. Grades 5-8. Located at Glacial Drumlin Cafeteria. Register by March 3rd HERE.
- Safe Kids 101: Mon, March 30 at 9:00-11:00 am (spring break week – no school). Ages 9-15. Located at 210 Progress Dr. Register by March 16 HERE.
- Brick Builders “Wild Ride”: Grades 2nd-4th at Cottage Grove Library on Thursdays, 4/9-5/14 at 2:40-3:40 pm. Sign up HERE.
- We are looking for sponsorships for the Baker’s Battle to help defray cost of supplies, beverages, and awards for the winners of each category. Sponsorships of $50-$400 are gladly accepted. Please click HERE to donate. Thanks to our current sponsors: The Ojeda Family, Julie Crawford, and Kwik Trip Kares.
SOCIAL MEDIA – follow us!
- Facebook: facebook.com/CGParks.Recreation
- Facebook Fitness Group: facebook.com/groups/1530344123750596
- Twitter: twitter.com/CGParksRec
- Instagram: Instagram.com/cg_parksrec
To register for programs online, click HERE.
Please contact the Village of Cottage Grove Parks and Recreation Department at 608-839-8968 with any questions. Thanks!